|Mapuploader 4 & TYP Style Checker|
|Dark Blue :||Tiles created|
|Orange :||Current Tile being processed|
How to create your own FREE Garmin Map!
- Download openstreetmap data ( pbf) from Geofabrik
- Open file in mapuploader4
- Click Create Map
- (You need Basecamp , java & mkgmap , all free)
|(scanned with Kaspersky , Avast & MalwareBytes)||Windows 7/10
|Download with NO JUNK to untick!|
|Download Mapuploader4.82 portable (W10 compatible with Gerrman Language)|
|Download Mapuploader4.82 setup (W10 compatible with Gerrman Language)|
|You may have to refresh this page to see latest version|
Download Manual for Mapuploader4
Download mapnik65001.TYP which can be used with the default style.
Check your TYP file
- Profiles (CTRL P) enable you to quickly move from one style/TYP/ option to another!
- This is handy when you are producing different maps with different styles,TYP files and options (contours)
- Up to 6 profiles are available.
Windows 10 and Mapuploader4
Mapuploader portable works on W10 but needs permissions only when adding maps to Basecamp/Mapsource: not when creating a map for your GPS device (gmapsupp.img)
1) Ensure Basecamp or Mapsource exist on your PC
2) Locate.reg file found in the folder which Mapuploader creates in a folder named after the your map, ie /mymap/mymap.reg.
3) Right Click on .reg file and run as administrator.
4) Or go Tools --> Create NSIS Window Installer and double click on the .exe when created
|Tutorial 1 Create Hagspiel map with contours|
|1) Create Hagspiel contours : Contours --> Create Contours --> Examples --> Hagspiel|
|2) Use Hagspiel.osm as a map : Download Hagspiel.osm|
|Tutorial 2 Create Etna Area with contours|
|1) Create Etna contours : Contours --> Create Contours --> Examples --> Etna|
|2) Download Etna Contour region : Etna_west.osm.pdf|
|Mapuploader 4 has been designed for those who just want to create maps quickly.|
In addition,you can run your own scripts (code) and still use Mapuploader4 to show your maps in Basecamp/Mapsource and / or create gmapsupps.
|Tricks with Styles (PDF)||More Tricks & Styles|
|default.typ for mkgmap's default style||TIPS & TRICKs 4|
Initially , Mapuploader may be unable to write to the register when uploading maps to Basecamp or Mapsource.
Use the following procedure - this needs to be done once only:
1) Download and install makensis.exe
|2) In Settings --> All Settings --> Key Software point to 'makensis.exe' on your harddrive.|
3) Create a map in mapuploader
4) Go Tools --> Create NSIS Window Installer
This may take a minute then click on 'Output Dir' and find the <name of map>.exe it has created - for icon see right.
5) Double Click to add map to register.
Can't Authenticate maps . Contact content seller for help
You may get message 'Can't Authenticate maps .Contact content seller for help' on
- GPS Maps 64 series
- Etrex 20x / 30x (not "etrex 30")
- Etrex Touch series
- Some new nuvi models
This happens if a gmapsupp has been created using the option --unicode.
It does not affect maps created using Mapuploader as long as you don't add the unicode option.
How to create a gmapsupp with Greek,Arabic,Russian etc characters and not use the -unicode option
This only applies to codepages 1250 - 1258 - see why
You can use a TYP file to show Greek,Arabic,Hebrew,Russian,Polish,Czech.
For the sake of convenience use codepage 65001 which incorporates all other codepages.