If your map does not have a TYP file img2typ can still create one for you.
Even if your map comes with a TYP file IT MAY NOT INCLUDE highways or polygons!
ALL City Navigator Maps have that problem!
So,what does IMG2TYP 3.81 do?
- It creates a TYP file for any non NT Garmin img file.
- Provides a list of all NON NT poi, line and polygon types.
- Can create highways & polygons for City Navigator 2010-2014 Maps - see Youtube
- Can process multiple files
- Where possible FIDs are matched so TYP files are shown on Mapsource/Bascamp.
- Some support for NT imgs - these use undocumented type numbers
- an ideal tool for those creating maps using Garmin's MPC - no need to use its cumbersome & quite archaic TYP creator!
- Even provides a typ file for TOPOs with raster images only.
|NT Belgium without TYP file||NT Belgium with new TYP file|
Do not use transparency in a polygon if it has no draworder . If you do, the polygon may become invisible!
1) You cannot just create or copy a TYP file and hope it works for your TOPO.
2) Each TOPO needs a unique TYP file.
3) Only img2typ can create such a TYP file.
4) Drop your img,locked or not, onto img2typ and click 'Create TYP file'.
5) Download img2typ and test your img.
types found in a Topo IMG file
Support for gmp files. TOPOs with no imgs can now be scrutinised.
version 3.75 : more support for NT POIs and basemap polygon..
Download IMG2TYP 3.75 - November 5 2013
Coming soon img2typ 3.81
NT Maps have most ,if not all, of their POIs shifted to &!00+ - the reason for this is not clear.
In many cases sub types are kept the same.
img2typ makes every effort to extract such POIs.